What do you do when a supermodel asks you for a recipe??
You oblige. Immediately.
The stunning Karen Alexander has asked me for my pumpkin bread recipe this morning. I am beyond flattered and pinching myself right now.
Beautiful, gracious and fearless.
Without further ado, let’s get onto it.
So it has been pumpkin season for a while, so I have gathered some courage to work on some pumpkin slicing, roasting and pureeing.
Unfortunately, it is rather hard to get my hands on some American, good quality pumpkin puree (like Libby’s 100% natural pumpkin puree), therefore I have done it all from scratch. Despair not, your homemade one would be just as good.
All you need to do is cut a medium pumpkin into half moons, discard the seeds and the wobbly middle bit and roast until tender, about 40 minutes. Peel the skin once cooled, throw in a blender and mix until smooth.
This bread is great toasted for breakfast with some butter, or as an afternoon snack with tea as it is not too sweet and easy to store.
Cranberry pumpkin bread
- 150 g almond flour
- 150 g pumpkin puree
- 50 g coconut flour
- 70 g coconut oil
- 5 eggs
- 120 g honey or maple syrup
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- pumpkin seeds for decoration
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Step 2 Mix your eggs first until fluffy
- Step 3 Sift the coconut and almond flour with spices, and baking soda
- Step 4 Combine pumpkin puree, honey and slightly melted coconut oil and add to the eggs.
- Step 5 Mix wet and dry mixtures.
- Step 6 Line a bread tin with parchment paper and pour the pumpkin mixture inside.
- Step 7 Finally, add the cranberries into the tin, making sure they dont just sink to the bottom. Carefully place some pumpkin seeds about 10-15 minutes into baking on top of the loaf, once it has risen.
- Step 8 Bake for 35-40 minutes, add depending on your oven.